Thursday 29 September 2011

Boonville, Missouri 2980 kms down, only 320kms to go!

Its worthwhile noting when travelling by river through the state of Missouri, you can catch an unlimited supply of carp a day but only 5 bullfrogs.Curious as to how one catches bullfrogs, local research informed that a large flashlight is required as once it is shined in the bullfrogs eyes they freeze making capture an easy task. And of course they taste just like chicken. On a side note, carp when surprised seek suicide by jumping meters out of the water. This makes for an interesting though a touch disconcerting sight as they weigh anywhere between 1kg and 20kgs.
Local wildlife trying to wrestle a fish up the shore.

Only 320kms to go until I reach the end of the Missouri River in St Louis. I have a flight out on October 6th which means I have slowed down my pace so I don't arrive too early. And now time to get some food.

1 comment: